Aims and Objectives
Our vision is inherent in our motto- DILIGENCE, EXCELLENCE AND INTEGRITY.
We aim to achieve these by;
- Instilling the highest level of discipline in all aspects of development of the students. Placing emphasis on individual student as we recognize that each child is unique being capable and able to excel diligently and with integrity.
- Exposing them to modern global teaching and learning facilities in order to prepare them for the world at large without them losing their cultural heritage.
- Enlightening them through seminars and workshops where renowned external role models in society would serve as guest speakers to counsel, educate and develop them morally, socially, mentally and physically.
- Giving them the best pastoral care. Being a full boarding community, students are developed personally and guided by trained staff to be responsible young people.
Mission, Vision and Philosophy
- We will produce the Total Child — children that are morally, socially, spiritually & academically sound, using state-of-the-art facilities.
- A world class citadel of learning with a reputation for excellence.
- Every student at CDMIS can develop new personal dimensions from our purpose designed environment. Students do not lose the essence of who they are, but become better citizens of the world. Viewing students as whole persons, the school is concerned with the spirit as well as the mind and body. Our approach to students is directed by the highest Christian ideals which include love and respect for one’s fellow man, service to the whole community; friendship, understanding and fair mindedness to all.
Charles Dale Memorial International School is located at Igwuruta, Ikwerre Local Government Area in Rivers State. It occupies over 30 acres of land , the serene setting and the school’s modern buildings offer a privileged study environment.
The school is co-educational and multi-cultural admitting students both nationally and internationally. It is strictly boarding and has standard living, learning and recreational facilities. It is recognized and celebrated for the strength of its programs, its warm and nurturing culture, and its strong sense of community. We are an established school that has worked hard over a number of years to provide good education to all our students and provide them with opportunities to develop. Our commitment is to know every student as an individual. Through strong leadership supported by governance we seek to foster the principles of team spirit, responsibility, and care for others. At the core of the school ethos is a determination to provide students with the resources to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners through an international, inquiry based programme of learning.
The School is committed to an open admissions policy, and approximately 90% of the students have a mother-tongue other than English. There is a strong culture of acceptance of difference, and extensive support for the individual needs of students. The School has a very well-qualified and stable staff, and there is a strong commitment to investing in the professional development of teachers. We always aim to recruit staff that are passionate about teaching and learning.
We have a dedicated team of both teaching and support staff, who ensure that our children enjoy a happy and caring educational experience within a secure, stimulating and purposeful environment. The expertise and experience of the Senior Leadership Team contributes greatly to the consistent strength of the school. The international staff reflect truly international flavor to the education provided and this permeates the curricular and co-curricular programmes offered.
The facilities are very good, and meet the academic, technological and social requirements of our students. Within the school we have well equipped classrooms, which are bright and spacious. We have interactive smart boards, a separate library, an ICT suite and several small group-working areas. CDMIS is frequently oversubscribed. Parents are more and more often obliged to go to appeal to gain a place for their child.
The school is fortunate in having a strong and experienced Governing Board who share in the staff’s commitment to ensuring the long and short-term success of the school. They take an active part in school life as well as ensuring that the school remains a safe environment for all children to reach their full potential.
LIFE AFTER CDMIS
As soon as students get into the senior school, they receive structured career counselling to enable them to choose the right course of study and gain admission to reputable institutions at home or abroad. We have a fully functional University Placement and Advisory Consultancy.
A forum is held once every session with parents of senior school students to keep them up to date with the dynamics of university admission. At the end of Year 11, we expect a decision from students and their parents on university location, career, and qualifying examinations applicable. Final year life orientation seminars serve to properly kit our students to excel in every facet of their lives after they leave school.